September 9, 2007

Six Years Ago Today

was the best day of my life. The wife and I were married at an outdoor wedding at Lord Hill Farms. We were actually supposed to have the wedding indoors in a converted barn. In a twist of luck, the fire department did an inspection a couple of weeks before the wedding, and found that the barn did not have adequate fire sprinklers. All turned out for the best as it was a beautiful September afternoon. We both had wanted the wedding outdoors, but didn’t want to risk it with our Seattle weather. Another reason to thank your local fire department!

It was actually the end of the best week of my life. We had a great week with friends both local and from out of state. I am extremely fortunate to have a wonderful family and some very special friends. The wedding week felt like a reunion of sorts, and we both had a fantastic time. The wedding day seemed to fly by, and I am grateful we spread the festivities out over most of the preceding week.

I can’t believe it has been six years already. That day in September does seem distant, but the past six years are a bit of a blur. We were jarred awake by events a couple days later, so that little island of time is even more special.

Thank you my love for continuing to make me a very lucky man!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm all misty!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!It's a beautiful DAYS.
Love you guys.

SeanH said...

Congrats, you two! We miss you!

Anonymous said...

Oh how you do love to make me cry.
Happiness always you kids!