September 12, 2007

A bachelor for a bit

So the wife has been in and out of town for the last week or so. I was vaguely productive last week by making a DVD recapping our first 6 years together as an anniversary present. I have more respect for the work that goes into those “year-in-review” DVDs you make Sean. Part of what took so long was scanning old photos (damn pre-digital days), but part of it was the software I’m using. It kept resorting the photos after I had them in order. I’m sure there is an easier way with the program, but it is trial and error at this point.

It didn’t take long to revert to my bachelor ways. Dinner became whatever was in the fridge, and sometimes it was chips, dip, and a cocktail. I made some mac-and-cheese tonight. Now the box says there are three servings in the box, but that equates to one “bachelor serving”. I at least didn’t eat out of the pot.

What really makes it special is a spice my brother found a while back. It is called Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning. The tag line below the name is GREAT ON EVERYTHING. And it is. Especially on eggs. Now if there were only some eggs in the fridge…


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Men are so lost without us women. It's really pretty sad. Great on EVERTHING? I'd like to think not.
Kudos on the very thoughtful gift though. Well done!

SeanH said...

I have been using that spice for 15 years! No kidding! Marci and I still use it ON EVERYTHING!

P.S. still working on last year's dvd.