September 4, 2007

Man, how forgetful would I be…I lost my train of thought

A recent study seems to indicate that exercise helps boost memory and cognitive speed. Testing has been done on both mice and humans. Tests show an increase in blood flow to the hippocampus, neurogenesis (creation of neurons), and improved scores in memory tests in the groups that exercise more. I hope the running and biking help stave off the dementia.

Check out the article. There is a nice surprise at the end which may help me out even more.

4 comments:

SeanH said...

Good one! Did I read this correctly, that I need to smoke more pot?

Sean said...

I was mostly looking at the moderate drinking, but whatever your poison.

Anonymous said...

Yes! Another article telling me to eat chocolate....after each and every run! Love this blog!

Anonymous said...

So while I'm cleaning up the old bicycle, I can drink wine and eat chocolate, or maybe just a bourbon for my health. Thanks to science I can be a happier man today!