December 23, 2008

The twelve ornaments of Christmas

Who doesn't love the Peanuts gang, especially around Christmas time. I have a few other Peanuts ornaments adorning the tree, but the above ornament has some additional sentimental value for me.

When I found it in a Hallmark a few years back, I had to have it. It is similar to a magnet that I have had since I was a child. I can remember having the magnet stuck to the side of my grade school desk. You probably had a similar desk - industrial gray metal with the built in laminate wood chair and flip open desk top. All the desks the same except for what little decoration you could stick to the side (and the occasional vandalized scratching in the desktop).

I still have the magnet. It is stuck to our fridge at home. Gone are the typewriter and the visions of being a writer, but this little magnet (and now ornament) still bring a smile when I see them.

No comments: