April 12, 2010

Somebody has a case of the Mondays

Like the rest of the days recently, this morning I was up too early with too little sleep in the bank. I tried to inhale my vitamin pill rather than swallow it, lodging it in the wrong pipe. It took several hacking coughs and too many seconds to expel the pill into the sink. I just about pulled a rib muscle in the process. It rained most of the night, and apparently California drivers are not prepared for this sort of thing. The first leg of my long commute usually takes about 50 minutes. Today it was an hour and forty-five minutes. Today's main project was sanding topping compound from the drywall ceiling, so it was a day filled with crap in my eyes and throat. Since the day started late due to traffic, it ran long and I didn't get home until 9:30. After showering off all the drywall grit, the towel caught on my hoop earring and just about ripped out my ear. I actually had to get my Swiss Army knife to cut it loose. Then I couldn't get Firefox or Outlook to open on my laptop. For some reason Internet Explorer is the stable program tonight.

Glad there is only one Monday each week.

No comments: