July 24, 2008

Every little bit helps

I was running late for a meeting, and I only had a couple of minutes to grab lunch on the way. Well I wasn't really late, as our meetings never seem to start on time - but that is a subject for another day.

Since I was pressed for time, I stopped by McDonald's. I ran into the restaurant rather than going through drive-through. I remember reading some tips to save gas, and skipping drive-through is a good one. Roughly 7 cars were in line, all of them idling for 7-10 minutes. You can do the math on their gas mileage for those 10 minutes. As an added bonus there was no one in line inside, so I was in and out in a minute or two.

So next time your grabbing lunch, stopping by the bank, or getting your coffee consider hopping out of your car and saving some gas.

2 comments:

matt said...

Went through the drive through at In-N-out today at noon - 15 minutes easy. Then couldn't find a place to eat other than my car so I sat in the parking lot with the engine on and ac running for at least 20 min. Just doing my part to support the Saudi's I guess . . . Yikes.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good idea.....except not with 2 kids in tow. Luckily we don't hit the drive-thrus that often anyway.