March 18, 2009

psychosomatic symptoms

If you find a can of something in the cupboard, you're not sure how old it is, and there is no pull date, do you use it?

I was making spaghetti and forgot to pick up mushrooms. I dug through the cabinet and found a can of sliced mushrooms. Not sure why we have them, or how long they've been in there. I opened the can and gave it the scientific sniff. You can smell botulism right? No weird smell, but even so I figured I shouldn't risk it. Then for some reason, I took a bite of one before dumping out the rest in the garbage.

Now I have a headache.

1 comment:

Me said...

When in doubt, throw it out!