February 19, 2012

Quote(s) of the day

I don't always know what I'm talking about but I know I'm right.

~ Muhammad Ali

---

It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.

~Mahatma Gandhi
---

"The scientific method consists of the use of procedures designed to show not that our predictions and hypotheses are right, but that they might be wrong.

Scientific reasoning is useful to anyone in any job because it makes us face the possibility, even the dire reality, that we were mistaken. It forces us to confront our self-justifications and put them on public display for others to puncture.

At its core, therefore, science is a form of arrogance control."


~ "Mistakes were made (but not by me)", by social psychologists Carol Tavris and Elliot Aronson.

No comments: