September 16, 2009

Filler

Ah the blank page. The scourge of anyone who pretends to be a writer. Better to avoid it for a few days, which is what I have been doing lately.

The painting is all done. It is probably pretty difficult to see the difference from the street -the house is still red and white. Not really satisfying after three days work, but on closer inspection the house looks much better. I'm hoping that those small, incremental improvements make the whole better. And it is one more thing to check off the ridiculously long to-do list.

The weather was wonderful this weekend. One of those great, surprise last weekends of summer after you gave up hope after a rainy Labor Day weekend. I would have loved to be doing something besides painting, but it was nice to be outside for any reason. I made time to lay back on the roof to soak in the rays, or sit on the lawn with my pooch at the end of the day. You have to grab these moments while you can.

No comments: