August 11, 2007

My CD player and the magic of the internet

There is a CD jammed in car stereo. It is stuck in the no-mans land between in the player and in my hand. I can’t get it out or even play it for that matter. So, I’ve been listening to a lot more radio these days. I am a serious station hopper and will surf each of my stations when a new song starts. If nothing grabs me, I’ll go to CD.

With the CD option gone, I’ve been getting more random songs I haven’t heard in a while. A song with Peter Gabriel came on that I hadn’t heard in a while. When I made it home in front of a computer, I tried to find out what CD the song was on. I couldn’t find it. Then I went to the radio stations website (kmtt.com). I found out if I typed in the time of day, it would list the 5 songs played around that time. Turns out it was a song by Afro Celt Sound System that Gabriel was the guest singer. Brilliant!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you freakin' love that crap!!!