June 3, 2009

42

Today marks my 42nd year on this planet. I have joked that this is the year where I will have all the answers. But like the novel that features 42 as the answer to life, the universe and everything, I may be searching for the question for some time.

I don't feel 42, not that I know how it is supposed to feel. There is a little more gray in my hair these days, but I don't seem to be losing much. I don't bounce back as well the next day, but I'm also dealing out a little more physical punishment these days. I've been thinner in the past, but I don't think I've ever been fitter. Overall, I'm feeling pretty good for 42.

I guess the number means something when I start thinking about the long haul. I feel like I should have more of my life put together by now. This year will continue to be a journey of discovery. I'm hoping for some more answers, and it would be nice if I could ask the questions first.

No wise man ever wished to be younger. --SWIFT.

2 comments:

matt said...

Happy birthday old man!

Holly Linden said...

OH wow. I've now missed both of the birthDAYS. I hate me. I love you both soooooooo much and really miss you guys. Hope you had a great birthday. Looks like AWESOME from the pix.