April 1, 2008

Tough runs

My long run this weekend was 15 miles. I wasn't feeling well mentally and was kind of dreading it. I ran along the Burke-Gilman trail again, so at least the scenery was nice.

Several people have said that with all the running, etc that I'm doing I should be able to eat whatever I want. I was thinking about that while I was running. Though running is one of the better calorie burners, at my level the pounds aren't going to fall off. I started doing some math (anything to distract the mind while running) and even with 25 miles this week, that meant just over a pound of calories burned. A little depressing.

The last 3 or 4 miles, my hamstrings tightened up. I pressed on as it wasn't too brutal. They were pretty sore afterward, and still sore on Sunday. As I headed out for an 8 miler yesterday, it started to hail. I probably should have taken the hint.

I waited a bit and it lightened up to a drizzle. I headed out, but I only made it about a mile before my left leg tightened up. Not wanting to injure myself, I turned around. What's worse than running in the rain? Walking.

No comments: