January 9, 2011

Phantom hangover

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
~ Frank Sinatra
So it has been a little over a week without alcohol. It has been pretty easy so far, with no major cravings or temptations to speak of. Monday is my typical weigh-in morning, so I will find out tomorrow if it has made a difference on the scale.

The frustrating thing is that I feel no better in the mornings. If anything, I have felt a little worse this past week. Still exhausted even after a full night's sleep, and yesterday I woke up with nausea like I was hungover. About the only difference I have noticed so far is that I seem to be thrashing around a bit less in my sleep. The covers aren't as twisted up in the morning, so maybe I am sleeping deeper, but I sure don't feel the difference when the alarm goes off.

Hardly seems fair.

No comments: