March 2, 2010

Just wanted to mention

I am now participating in a program with Amazon.com called "Amazon Associates". When I have a book or product review, there will be a link in the post to the product on Amazon.com (if available). If you click on the link and purchase the product (or any other product during that session I believe), I get a little kickback from Amazon for the referral. I have also created a store with items that I have previously talked about in this blog, or that I found particularly good. I will only be placing items in the store that I have personally used. The store is currently divided into categories of books, running, biking and electronics. The link to the store can be found on the right side of the blog.

I bring this up not only in hopes of directing a little traffic to my Amazon store, but also because it seems a little sneaky to not mention that the links might earn me a little money. I will not turn this blog into an endless list of reviews and links (though I do have a backlog of books to talk about), but I am hoping for a little passive income while I continue to seek steady employment. 

So if you find something interesting on this blog, or just in the mood to shop at Amazon, I would appreciate it if you click through the store link to the right. I value your readership and comments, and I appreciate all the support.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I think that's a great idea. I can't figure out how you can buy items that aren't listed in your store?

Sean said...

From what I understand, if you click on one of the items in the store, and it takes you to Amazon.com, even if you decide on something else, it records that you arrived through my store and I may get some credit.