January 29, 2009

Is that Freedom Rock? Well turn it up!


Music washes away from the soul, the dust of everyday life. – Berthold Auerbach

I have a new car stereo. I have been without a CD player in my truck for over a year and a half. There was a CD stuck in the player the whole time. Sometimes it would play, other times not, but I could not get it out of there. After a year and a half of Van Halen's 5150, it was time for a change.

For Christmas, my wife and I decided to have a musical theme for the gifts. Our home stereo also does a poor job of playing CDs, so that was going to be the gift to the household. My gift was a new car stereo and I finally got around to picking one out. The main thing I wanted (besides a CD player that works) was a audio jack to plug in a MP3 player. I wanted to be able to play both my downloaded podcasts and musical playlists. If I could find a stereo that also had HD, that would be cool too.

Oddly, the Van Halen CD finally ejected from the player a week or two ago. The player clearly sensed it was about to be replaced. It was all I could do to resist putting it back in the player to see if it would come back out again.

I found one with both a MP3 jack and HD for a decent price and had it installed Tuesday. I have missed music. There are so many good bands and songs that never make it to the radio. All those CDs sitting on our shelf are now new again. I'd like to get that new home stereo soon so our house can be filled with music once again as well.


Freedom Rock

1 comment:

Holly said...

How funny that the stupid cd popped out right after you bought the new player. That's out of a movie. Enjoy your new tunes!