September 30, 2008

Back in my day, a gallon meant something

Well the fourth and fifth coats of paint are on the house. The red is starting to look good. With five coats on, the pink primer isn't showing through anymore. Depending on the weather, we may be done painting for the year. We only have primer on the trim so far, so if we have a few clear days in a row I'll attack that.

After going through almost 11 gallons of paint, I noticed the other day that they aren't really gallons after all. The cans are actually 116 oz instead of 128 oz. I don't know if a gallon of paint has always been less than a gallon (like a 2 x 4 is actually 1.5" x 3.5") or if it has slowly shrunk over time so the company can charge the same amount for less product.

Apparently lots of products have been shrinking lately.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Let's see some red house photos!

Rip of!!! I need my extra cup of ice cream...well...actually...oh well. RIP OFF!