February 12, 2008

Losing it

This is probably the only time I have come back from a vacation without gaining weight. I actually lost a pound or so. Though I have been doing a bunch of running and biking, I weigh about the same as I did a year ago and about 5 pounds more than two years ago. Unfortunately my fat percentage is about the same, so it isn't 5 pounds of muscle.

I haven't made losing weight a priority. I have been more concerned with what my body can do, rather than what my body looks like. I have been relatively disciplined about getting in the exercise, but not about eating right. I eat and drink too many empty calories, particularly late at night.

I plan to focus on losing some weight over the next couple of months. I'd like to be 10 or 15 pounds lighter standing at the start line of my next marathon. I know it will help me improve my time, and of course my overall health. Current weight is 180.5.

Maybe I can trade one six pack for another.

No comments: