January 20, 2008

Home stretch

My long run yesterday was 20 miles. 20 miles is the longest run in my marathon training. I do less mileage than is recommended by most programs. My plan was to run 3 days each week, maxing out at 35 miles in a week, but I didn't even make that happen this time around. I have erred on the side of caution as I've been running injured the last month and a half. Hopefully it will pay off to get me to the start line healthy.

The run went pretty well. I used a vibrating massager and a foam roller on my IT band before heading out. It seemed to help. My legs were tight for the first few miles, but loosened up. However, the last three miles my hips were pretty sore. Not sure what it would have felt six more miles down the road. I am not too sore today, so that is a good sign.

Now it is time for the blessed taper to get ready for race day.

No comments: